Thursday 13 September 2012

Lloyd Loom Linen Basket

Hello

In my last post, I promised photos of the tatty Linen basket and its makeover.

This is what it looked like when I bought it from the Auction House.  As you can see, it was in a sorry state and not something you would want to have on display.



Had a look in my fabric cupboard and found some lovely leafy fabric and got my Laura Ashley eggshell paint out.  Had to give it a couple of coats of paint to cover the silver spray paint.  I threw out the plaited edging on the lid as it was really tatty and starting to snap but found some super girly braid to replace it at my local fabric shop.  Its a bit mad but I love it.  So here is is the finished basket.



It now sits next to my sewing table and it now stores all the off cuts of wadding that I use in my patchwork quilts, its surprising how much it holds.

Cheers

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I think that's worked really well - it looks very pretty. I love the edging you found.
    Your comment about leaving mixed fruit in the cupboard made me laugh - we always do this as well!

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box