Tuesday 19 February 2013

Garden Bench Quilt

Hello

Finished my quilt for the garden bench.  I have called it "Ready for Summer Quilt".  Making this quilt has made me think more about the summer as it is covered in my favourite flowers Roses.  The sun is shining but not quite warm enough to sit outside.




I have just realised that my indoor Cyclamen plant will be 30 years old this year.  It was given to me when I bought my first house in 1983.  It has flowered every winter since.  It gets dried off every spring when its finished flowering and spends the summer under a bench in my greenhouse, in Sept it starts to grow again so is re-potted in fresh compost and stays in the greenhouse until the frost start and then moves into the conservatory, where it flowers.


Cheers

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box