Thursday 5 May 2016

Haberdashery Fabric Shop in Whitby

Hello

A little while ago we had a weekend at Whitby on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors.  Its a beautiful port town famous for its Whitby Jet Jewelery worn by Queen Victoria.  Also the inspiration for Bram Stokers Dracula.  When you look at its Gothic ruined Abbey you can see why.  Even on a bright Spring day it looks scary.


The close up photo of the Abbey was blurred (user error) but below is the church next door.



It was chucking it down when we arrived so we had a soggy walk into town from the  caravan site.  It was so wet I resorted to putting a coat on Buzz, he was not amused.

I did find a gem of a shop in a back street, being after hours it was closed, I pressed my nose against the window drooling over the lovely fabric.  Had to wait until Monday when I could go and shop.  Judith's shop has been open for 50 years!



 She had the best collection of fabrics, wall to wall displays.


 She kindly allowed me behind the counter so that I could take a photo.


It's not a huge shop but packed with goodies.  Well worth a visit.  She even has a holiday let above the shop, what better on your holiday having a fabric shop on the floor below!

And yes, I did buy some fabric, it would have been rude not to.

Her contact details are

Judiths Fabrics
Patchwork & Dress Fabrics
Haberdashery
Established 50 Years
Closed All Day Wednesday (She was closed on the Sunday as well)

Judith Williamson
12-13 Brunswick Street
Whitby
YO21 1RB
tel. 01947 603213

Sharon
X

5 comments:

  1. Hi, just to let you know I bought this shop in 2017, it is now called Whitby Crafts and we have even more fabric! Please look at our Facebook page for more information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, will look you up on Facebook. Haven't been back to Whitby but hopefully will visit soon.

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness I've now found a crafty shop in whitby*****

      Delete
    3. Hope its still open, I never did get back to Whitby.

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I now own the shop and still sell fabrics!
    I do hope people will still return , mine is a mix now danceWear but still fabrics and haberdashery😂
    Dream of dance & Haberdashery Whitby .
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box