Saturday 16 December 2017

Christmas Patchwork Tree Decorations

Hello

I love making decorations for my tree adding new ones each year.  Have made these English Paper Piecing Pentagon ones before but this year added the mini pom pom trim and bells. The bells sound wonderful.


My sister and I went on a Redwork workshop at Drawn Threads, run by the lovely Sarah.  She showed us how to make this little flock of birds.


 I visited Mandy Shaw's stall at the Stitchshow at Harrogate and stocked up on thread and fabric. The thread and holder went in one of the pockets on my advent calendar.  Each day, whatever is in there, I try to use.  So had a practice doing some more Redwork using old embroidery transfer patterns that I had found when clearing my parents house.  They were with one that that was dated 1965.  So they are quite an age.




This little birdie was inspired by old glass tree decorations we had at home when I was a kid, none left now but this was the shape of them (well nearly).



There is definitely a bell theme this year, adding them to everything.  Bought these plain gift tags from Wilkinsons, added the red bell and holly leaves cut from felt with an eyelet to thread them onto the string.


The little pegs were another "me pressie" out of the Advent Calendar.



Cheers
Sharon





2 comments:

  1. I like your decorations. The redwork is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, really enjoying this craft, quick and easy. Hope you have a good Xmas, take care x

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box