Thursday 15 March 2018

Winter Weather Makes - Clay Gift Tags and Patchwork Covered Notebooks

Hello

Well I have had quite a bit of time off work, first due to the 10+ inches of snow we had, then the gardens were far too wet to do anything with over the last week or so.

Had a little go with DAS Air Dried Clay making gift tags.



Got a bit carried away, made loads, it was very addictive.  Used my biscuit cutters (biscuits are off the menu for the considerable future due to my trews not fitting!) and the bottle was my rolling pin.



My stamps and inks for the messages.  Pressed pretty buttons and beads in the wet clay.

Then had a go with painting colour onto blanks with of all things, emulsion which were finished off with brush on glaze.


The pattern on the grey tag below was made with my thimble.


All wrapped up.



The next project was to use up some fat quarters of Moda fabric that I bought at the recent Quilt Show in Harrogate, couldn't resist them.



My sewing book is nearly full of patterns, measurements and ideas.  I have been planning on covering it for ages, finally got round to it.




Then made a couple of others just cos I could!



This last week has been machine quilting another one of Anita's unfinished quilts, so that has kept me out of mischief.

Cheers
Sharon


2 comments:

  1. I love this post Sharon, clay, stamping and fabric journal covers - A few of my favourite things and (as always!) the quality of your work is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie, I need loads of new friends to send pressies to so I can use up all the labels, I got a bit carried away.

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box